Friday, April 1, 2016

The Story of How I'm a Jerk

I'm a jerk.
When I find people annoying, I have a tendency to attack - with sass.
I am trying to sell some things on a Facebook Garage sale board. My latest thing is Pet rocks. I painted them all cute with little monster faces, took pictures, and put them up asking if anyone in the area would have interest in buying one of these pet rocks, and what they think would be a reasonable price for them, as they are hand painted, yada yada yada.
On one of the posts, a man replied. I got the notice, and was excited that someone was interested.
His comment was "wtf". That is it.
That is all I got. For those of you that don't know, wtf means What The F**k.
Okay, but I don't know what he is referring to. My first feeling is that he is commenting on the pet rocks themselves. I think they are adorable, but perhaps he thinks they look weird. I don't know. Maybe he is wtf'ing that anyone would want a painted rock.
I just don't know.
So after exclaiming about it to My Lovely for a little bit, in which Lovely believes this man is just being a jerk, I decide to reply to his comment.
After all, I don't want the next person that sees the page to be influenced by his wtf, and it would be professional to acknowledge whatever his concern is.
But I'm not very professional. I'm a jerk.
So I replied with a heavy layer of sass.
"Why wtf? It is a question if people would be interested in these rocks, and what they would pay for them. I am not sure what is confusing. Is it because they are pet rocks?
Pet rocks are an exotic species only found in select parts of the world. Capturing them is very time consuming, as they don't move very quickly, so avoid traps amazingly well. Once caught, though, you will be pleased to know they live surprisingly long lives in captivity. They even rival the life span of Parrots and Roman Architecture. Feeding is a simple process, as they live off the excess of your emotions. Namely amusement and disbelief. They are versatile that way. For a special snack they do love dust. You will often find them covered in it, if you do not watch them carefully.
I offer my services to capture these amazing pets, sprouse them up with a little color, and adopt them to the general public.
I am simply wondering if there is any interest in this area of Idaho."

I wrote that, and then posted that as the response, on the page for everyone to see.
Now we wait.

Because I'm hilarious, and kind of a jerk.

Smile Always.

P.S. The pet rocks look like this.




2 comments:

  1. LOL, I like your sas, good comeback.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so. And so did a few other people. I got a reply to this sass saying that if that was the case I should be asking a lot more for my effort. I love it. (Thought still no one has actually taken me up on the pet rocks.)

      Delete