Tuesday, February 9, 2016

My Story.

My story is interesting. And boring. And magical. And expected. And romantic. And, really, none of those things.
My story is just like a thousand other stories out there. The difference? I tell it with a lot of sass.
I am one of six children. I grew up in a small town. Blah blah blah. I'm already bored. You'll get all the interesting bits through other stories if I am good, won't you? Do you really need a long winded explanation of all my growing up in order to know me?
What you really need to know about my growing up is I was the kind of kid to play Witch Trials with my barbies.
Oh yes, you read that right. I really did. I made Barbie out to be the witch living in the suburbs, and then I had the others, that should be doing all the play house activities children usually act out with their dolls, gang up on Barbie and hang her. Usually from the blinds pull.
I don't remember learning about the witch trials, to tell the honest truth. It was just something I always seemed to know. Most likely I saw a show or heard someone talking about it. I have no idea where I got it from, but looking back, I had a lot of detail.
Most of the time Barbie was hung. From the blinds pull on my window. I had her swing there for good measure. It was very important that she would swing. I also filled the bathroom sink, that I shared with my five siblings, and would drown Barbie. Then I would leave her floating there as I went about my day. I tried a few times making Barbie a broom, that usually was only a stick in order to be proportional to her size, and threw her as hard as I could out the window. My reasoning was if she were a witch she could fly and escape, and if not... we all know there was the same flaw to the actual witch trials, so there was that.
I also 'stoned' Barbie by leaving her behind the wheel of my Daddy's truck, but we don't talk about that.
The only thing I didn't reenact with Barbie that would have fit the theme was burning her. Because playing with matches was wrong.
That was the kind of child I was. I had the imagination, liked to learn facts to make my imaginings more believable, and had a bad habit of bringing others into my story telling. As far as the creepy constant murdering of Barbie, I am sorry, Sissy-Poo, for bringing you into that.
But that was me as a child. I am a fully functioning adult now. I married a wonderful man. I love to do anything crafty or book related. I am working on writing my second (and third) novel.
And I really just love to tell a story.

2 comments:

  1. Haha. "Why is barbie in the bathroom sink AGAIN?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My poor mother. I say as I snigger. No one can say I wasn't a creative child. Even if that creativity lends itself to the morbid side.

      Delete